Forum

The monthly visit  

RSS

First Online Church of America c6b914dfb5946d56ea5fb277a0e421f7?s=80&d=mm&r=g Forum
16/02/2017 4:23 pm  

Where we go to church, members are given a list of several people to visit on a monthly basis. We visit active members and others who stopped going to church for one reason or another. Most of the time, we just stop by to visit for about a half hour and then leave a short gospel message.

Depending on who you go see, you will get different reactions. Some will avoid you, most are very welcoming and friendly. Some will turn their lives around.

Early on when I was going to church, I was assigned to this kid, he was the only member of his family who was religious. I never seen him in church, and it took some time to get to know him. We would visit him regularly, eventually he came to church on occasion. A couple years later, I came back to visit. He was there, with his new bride, his parents were there, and his younger sister.  Not to toot my own horn, but hadn't we made those visits, I doubt any of that would have happened.

ReplyQuote
First Online Church of America Robert_Pop-80x80 Forum
Active Member Admin
16/02/2017 5:45 pm  

It reminds me of a pastor I had. He was this great older gentleman who did his best to remember the names and faces of every congregant and greet them as they came in. Not much says, "Welcome," quite like a smiling face, a firm handshake, and a warm, "Hello, So and So!" Even now, when I go back to that church, he finds me and welcomes me (though now he adds a "Good to see you" in there).

I've been in unwelcoming churches before. Not exactly a spirit of brotherhood...

May the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with all God's people. Amen.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register